Monday, September 29, 2008

The Good times

Things are going good. The blog has a new look, it was about time. I would like to thank my friend Erica, I feel like I owe it to her for finding this background, so thank you Erica. Without you I have nothing. HA. :)  Last night, Erica and I went for a walk on the Trinity Trails, its right by our apartment, its a trail that goes around the city, I mean it's 30 miles...and it goes by our apartment!!! We are pretty stoked...there is a little river right by it. It is really nice. So we are really happy to have a place that we can go and walk and clear our mind and exercise. I actually went again this morning...it was a little warmer, I think I almost got heat stroke...so I'll have to start discipling(is that actually a word???) myself to get up earlier in the morning when it isn't as hot. And I am actually happy about it, because I want to walk the trails! 
I feel like I am finally starting to find myself here. We have met some great new people, and I just feel like I am starting to feel more comfortable here. I'm still not quite sure about my job, I still don't love it. I think I am going to have to find another one. Although the discount is AWESOME...it is keeping me from actually making any money, which some might say is a problem...because it is a job. 
And now, I would like to leave you with some of the good times....
>going into Erica's room at night, sitting on her bench, while she lays in her bed and talking about our days...if I happen to have a thing of ice cream...so be it. 
>SHOWS! thank goodness its fall, although I would never know it, because it's still 90 degress in Fort Worth, I know it is fall because my shows are back! Greys Anatomy, the Office, Private Practice starts Wednesday....they make me happy
>hanging out with friends, eating cookies, talking...singing maybe? but definitely the cookies. We love our cookies. 
> talking to my family on the phone, always helps when we're so far away
Alright that is all for now, and I know this blog is title The Good Times, but let me just leave you with this, we have ants. They are all over our apartment. They started in the kitchen, now they're in my bathroom. I am so emotional about it, I thought I was going to start crying yesterday, when I saw them in my bathroom. It is ridiculous! What is the deal? Where are they coming from? I just had to get that out, I feel like they are getting the best of me. Damn ants! Sorry, but I hate them! 

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Can I add to your list? I'm not going to lie - I love when you and Erica dance around your apartment. It brings much joy to my heart, as do you friend!!

I can't wait to walk on the trails with y'all!!

Emily Suzanne said...

Damn those ants straight to hell!!!
Just have to say that because I feel your pain, kid. i feel it...
I didn't know you were actually typing on this thing! I'm pretty happy because it's like talking to you on the phone, I can just sit here and get an update when I'm exhausted and sprawled out on the couch... nice!
I'm so happy you're having fun and finding yourself... SO happy for you, J! Will I see you this weekenD?