Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Surprises, Keeneland, Football and MORE!

So this past weekend I went home to Lexington for my mom's birthday. She didn't know I was coming, it was so much fun to surprise her...I am not good at keeping secrets, so the fact that I was able to keep this from her for a good month, was amazing to me! But I surprised her Friday morning, and met her and my dad for breakfast and her face was priceless, there were tears, it was really good! I was just happy that she was actually surprised! I thought she had to have some idea that I was going to be there, but she was completely surprised, so that made it really special. 
We had a jam packed weekend, she took me shopping on Friday, such a good mom, to take me shopping, while I was there for her birthday, Friday was her party, and it was some party...her friends are crazy, but fun, I hope I'm that fun and have friends like that when I am that age! Saturday we went to Keeneland, which was insanity, there were so many people there! Then my mom and I went to the UK game, we left at half time because they were losing and it was real cold, of course they went on to win the game in the last quarter and we missed it! Oh well, I'm just glad they won! Then I left Sunday morning.
Fast weekend, busy weekend, but so fun! I love going home and seeing my family! I LOVE it! I just love being home, there is no place like it. It is good to come home to people I love too, I must say. I do feel like I have made a family here for myself, which feels pretty darn good. Not quite the same as Kentucky, but if I can't be in there, this is where I want to be! I love my friends I have made in Fort Worth and I feel so blessed they're in my life. So that's all I'm going to say about that, I love my family...both of them! 


5 comments:

Katherine said...

And your FRAMILY loves you right back!!

Emily Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you had fun! There really is no place like Kentucky! I loved seeing the pictures of your family all together and just heard your mom's voice in my head as I was reading this... trying to figure out what her face must've looked like... i can envision her tearing up!!! aww.
I'm glad you're enjoying life, J!

Bethany said...

well hey..i'm still posting pics..so keep looking on there! love ya

Dre Legit said...

dude! Your post made me teary-eyed! That is SO cute. hahahhaha. I love you and miss you fool. Can't WAIT to see you in Big D! :o) Maybe you'l have to come to MY side of town b/c of gas. hahah. adn I haven't had a job for seven months and won't get one till I go back to school...so yeah. just be ready man! I miss you and love you!

Emily Suzanne said...

ZJ actually calls them pumpkins this year... isn't that sad? aww... he's getting so big!!!:(